Thursday, October 17, 2013

Yale Art Gallery


This past week, I visited the Yale Art Gallery located on 1111 Chapel Street.  I love going to the art gallery.  It is a way to escape from my hectic life style. 

My favorite section of the gallery is the modern and contemporary art floor.  There are many abstract pieces and others that look as if they could be photos.  For example, below is “Sacramento Montego”, by Robert Bechtle. 
 
It is oil on canvas.  If art management was not my major and I did not know anything about art, I would think the “Sacrament Montego” is a picture.  It looks extremely realistic. 

The picture below is an example of the abstract pieces the Yale Art Gallery exhibits. 
 
 
It is called “Dog and Cock” by Paublo Picasso.  If you turn your head to the right you can somewhat make out the dog and the rooster looks like it is falling from the top of the painting. 

The art gallery always makes me think in new ways and inspires me.  If you would like to go, admission is free on Tuesday–Friday 10:00 am–5:00 pm, Thursday (Sept.–June) 10:00 am–8:00 pm, and Saturday–Sunday 11:00 am–5:00 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment